Knockout is a new game mode consisting of 3 elimination tournaments. It involves 4 opponents, after each round one participant is eliminated. The winner of the third game receives awards for all stages.
The event lasts from 3 to 5 days and takes place once a week, it can run parallel to any other events. Available to everyone who has played 10 tournaments.
How to start a game in Knockout Tournaments
You can start a Knockout Tournament using a ticket.
1 free ticket is given once at the beginning of the event.
You can get new tickets:
- requesting them from friends (1 ticket from 1 friend once a day);
- get as a reward for other gains during the event;
- buy for coins.
You can only have one ticket on hand.
If you don't have tickets, you can start a knockout tournament for 100 coins.
How to win
You need to win 3 tournaments without losing to win the competition. After each tournament, you can interrupt and continue at any time while the event is running.
For winning three tournaments, you will receive the final prize - a chest consisting of 3 awards. If you receive a chest, you can start playing again, but you will need to give a new entry fee.
4 players start a knockout tournament together, everyone gets the same deal of cards, at the end of each round a player with the least score is eliminated. 4 players participate in the 1st round, then there are 3 of them left, the final round has only two players.
A current position of players is displayed on the left side of the game, where you can see your opponent's location in regular tournaments.
Next to each player, you can see:
- A player's current position in the round (top to bottom, first to last).
- Player's team name (if any).
- Player's points.
- The progress of the layout, the cards that the person has already managed to lay out.
- Active Freeze Shield Icon (if any).
The scoring rules are the same as in the regular game:
- For each card sent to the foundation, the player receives 1 point.
- For each card sent to the foundation before all other participants, the player receives 1 bonus point.
- For sending the 4th king to the foundation (a full game of solitaire) first, the player receives 50 bonus points.
The game ends:
- If one of the players sent all the kings to the foundation.
- If one of the players ends the game/presses the "New game" button. In this case, a 2-minute timer starts, after which the results are calculated.
Rules for determining the winner (s) and the loser (by priority):
- The player who sent all the cards to the foundation becomes the winner.
- The player wins if he has more points per round.
- In case of equality of points - the one who first has pressed the "New game" button.
- If the points are equal (if no one has finished the game) - the one with the most cards in the house.
- If the total number of points and cards is equal, the player who first has put the last card into the house.
If you win the tournament, you advance to the next step. If you lose, then return to the beginning of the line. If you lose, you will again need 1 ticket or 100 coins to participate.
If you reach the second or third step and lose, then you can save your progress for magic.
How spells work
Round 1-2, when there are more than 2 players:
- The freeze affects all opponents, except for those who have an active Freeze Shield.
- Each opponent can cast freeze on themselves with any spell.
- When using a freeze in response, a player on whom it has been applied twice, the duration of the freeze is not summed up, but returns to the maximum duration (20 seconds).
- Magic, Joker, and Shuffle are unchanged.
Additional rewards for Knockout
During the event, you play tournaments and collect stars for playing solitaire before all kings (1-3 stars for each tournament).
All received stars are credited to the progress bar by stars.
A guaranteed reward is issued for obtaining a certain number of stars. After receiving the reward, the progress bar is reset and goes to the next stage, the length of the progress bar and the reward increase.
The number of stages is limited; after the final stage, the progress bar remains full, stars are no longer credited to it.
The event has a rating, which is based on the number of tournament points received in Knockout mode:
- The rating is global, the results of all players are taken into account.
- Points are awarded upon winning a Knockout Tournament (at any stage of the event).
- Ranking Reward is magic.