Solitaire Social: https://www.facebook.com/solitairesocialcommunity
Solitaire Club: https://www.facebook.com/solitaireclubsocial
Solitaire 3 Social: https://www.facebook.com/solitairesocial3
What to do in case you faced some problems
If you faced a problem, you can ask for help. Depending on the problem or topic of the question, you can send your request either to the Support Service or to the moderators of the group, or ask a question in the appropriate topic of the group.
Who to address your questions to
To get started, try to find the answer to your question in our Help Center. It has a search bar - enter your question in it and read the articles that the Help Center will offer you: link to our Help Center
Write to the Support Service through the button in the game "Report a problem" if:
- you have technical problems in the game: connection is lost, the game is running slowly, it does not load to the end, the game functions do not work correctly - scoring points, spending currency, and others;
- you have problems with payment and accrual of resources: the purchase did not appear in the game, the wrong day of entry, the reward for the contest was not delivered, the currency and resources score in the game is displayed incorrectly, and others;
- add / remove a team player, change the team name, change the team captain - requests are accepted only from team captains. Read more in Team Rules.
Group moderators will be able to answer the following categories of questions:
- about the basic rules of the game: Magic contest, how to create a team and why it is needed, how resources work in the game (magic, spells, coins) and where you can get them from, and other questions about the rules of the game;
- about the work of contests and new mechanics: how to score points, why the object on the top panel does not move, where you can get resources for the contest and other questions;
- about the rules of the community: where to publish the question, what rules apply in the community, violations of the rules of the community by other players, resolving conflicts between players.
How to write a report correctly
In order for us to help you more easily and quickly, please adhere to the following principles:
1. Describe in detail what exactly happened in the game, what buttons you pressed, what was the sequence of your actions, what you saw on the screen, what was written in the error and any other details that will help you better understand at what stage of the game the problem occurred and how it happened looked.
- Example 1: I opened the game, it loaded, I pressed the play button, but the tournament did not start. I pressed the button again, but nothing happens.
- Example 2: I sent the kings to the foundation three times, the chest with reward cards opened, I clicked the Collect button, but nothing happened.
2. If possible, attach a screenshot to your report. You can read here how to take a screenshot: How to take a screenshot.
(!!!) Please note that your personal data is not included in the screenshot: close other tabs in your browser, your email address and other personal data.
Welcome to the community for Solitaire Social! Here you can talk with other players, ask for advice and help, tell us about errors, and share your achievements with other players! We only ask one thing from members - please do follow the rules of the Community, be polite to other members, and the Admin staff. Thank you!
It is prohibited in the community
1. Threats of violence, using hateful racist or religious language, comments of a racist nature, posting pornographic or graphic images or links to such content, pro-drug (psychoactive or similar substances) propaganda, or anything else illegal. From 1 month to eternal ban
2. Foul language, swear words. These may not be used either written clearly or disguised by using other letters. 1 day of ban
3. Overuse of capital letters (Caps Lock) and exclamation marks. 1 day of ban
4. Public arguments, threats, insults, and trolling - provocation or humiliation of community members. From 1 day to 1 month of ban
5. Spam, mass posting of messages, advertisements, and discussion of other commercial projects, products, and services. From 1 week to eternal ban
6. Flooding, e.g. sending large numbers of identical or duplicated messages, and also posting messages that have no actual meaning. From 1 week to eternal ban
7. Discussing the actions of the Admins, non-constructive criticism, and accusations towards the developers. From 1 day to 1 month of ban
Non-constructive criticism refers to messages that do not contain specific complaints/suggestions/wishes, but are only offensive.
(!) If you have an idea, a suggestion, or you disagree with something in the game, you can politely share your thoughts with us, describing them in detail and constructively in order to be heard.
8. Ignoring or public discussion of the requirements of the Moderators. From 1 day to 1 month of ban
9. Publicizing false information about the game or its developers, defamation of members of the Community. From 1 day to 1 month of ban
10. Posting information about possible cheats or vulnerabilities of the game and discussing these themes. From 1 month of ban
11. Public declarations of leaving the game, calling other players to leave the game, not to buy magic, and boycott the Administration. From 1 month of ban
Disciplinaty action against offenders
In the event of a member breaking Community Rules, the Administration can take the following action:
- edit, relocate and delete messages and materials that break the Community rules;
- issue a warning to Community members not to break the rules;
- add offenders to the Community blacklist (limit access to the Community);
- remove offenders from the Community;
- pass on information about the offender to the administration of the social network for further action.
The type of action against users who break the Community rules as well as its duration is selected on an individual basis at the discretion of the Administration. The Administration reserves the right not to disclose the reasons behind the action taken against offenders.
By joining the Community, members automatically agree to comply with its rules. Ignorance of the rules does not exempt members from having to follow them. These rules can be changed by the Administration without giving notice to members of the Community.